Thursday, July 26, 2007

Something to laugh about

Okay first of all, the Police department here can just leave the best set-ups for something to laugh about. I'm not trying to offend any of them, cause I love you guys, keep up the good work. I'm just thinking you don't do so well with committees.

So my Mom and I were cooking dinner (well, I was trying, she was fixing and cooking) when the phone rings, it's the police department calling for donations for an organization and it went a little like this:

"Hello, I'm from the _____ county police department, and we are calling to get donations for the _____ organization. Are your parents home?"

My Mom paused (mind you she is on the latter part of her 40's and her parents stopped living with her a while back), and with all the honesty there is in the response she said,
"No, they're not."

"Okay, we'll call back later then." And they hung up.

My mother hung up and burst out laughing, and told my sister and me. I'm on the side that she sounds young enough to be in her 20's.

No comments: