Thursday, October 12, 2006

I haven't fallen off the face of the planet

At least not yet. Anyway my sister commissioned me to knit another SKB for part of her halloween costume so I said yes and then I remembered it was already October so I immediately casted on and stared. My plan is to wake up early tomorrow and work on it some more and I'll have a picture of it so far by then so it won't be a huge draught of knitting pictures.
In my life this week, I fell on my left wrist again on monday (the first time was 6 years ago) and I was avoiding putting the brace on it but buy this morning I just couldn't avoid the pain and I gave in, so that has put a dent into my knitting. Since you have no idea why my young wrist should be hurting, I sprained it those 6 years ago and it developed a ganglion cyst (which I will not describe, but my sister called it my 6th finger-nub), and that cyst wouldn't let me really have a full range of movement or strength so even though I burst it last spring in Cheerleading it is still really susceptible to injury.
So sorry if that last part is just plain rambling but I'm going to bed now before I fall asleep on my keyboard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about your wrist! I hope you start to feel better very soon.