Sunday, September 02, 2007

Wheat Ear Cable Yoke update

Okay, since apparently this next semester is going to involve more time than I had expected I'll start weekly posts at least with pictures of what knitting progress I've done. I'm not saying that ALL of my time is being sucked up, just that it isn't very predictable and I'm not willing to give guarantees.

So this week:
Cable Yoke body
I got the body done. The mods so far were casting on 6 fewer sts for the CO edge (4 for seam sts and 2 for the sts that would have been deceased after the rib), and BO 4 at the arm shaping instead of 5.

And since I can't leave out some close ups:
Wheat-Ear Cable close up
The Wheat-Ear Cable, I really like this stitch pattern and it really moves along faster cabling without a cable needle.

close up of side increases and decreases
And my sides without the seam. I think it looks good, plus it won't add bulk under the arm which I can be very picky about in sweaters.

And a note: I already know that making it in the round will complicate things once I need to join everything, but I'm willing to take the risk and I know I can figure out a way to get around it.

No comments: