Thursday, March 01, 2007

'Tis the Birthday Month

And frankly I'm not sure I want to face it. I mean, I've finally gotten used to being 18 and now I have less than a month left after which I will have aged a year. Anyway I won't get into it now because I really don't know how I'm going to like my birthday this year until it is really here.

On to stuff I've knit, I've finished two scarves, a pair of socks, and spun several ounces of wool, yet the lack of a camera is really draining the need to blog, so I'll pick up some batteries tomorrow after school.

Also before I leave I'll post the questionaire for the Lime N Violet yarn swap:
1. What kind of fibers do you prefer?
I love almost all of the different fibers I've used. Which include: cotton, modal, rayon and nylon have their places, wool, merino (yum), ingeo, alpaca, angora, silk, and even acrylic when processed properly and used wisely. Although no mohair, I find I'm a bit allergic to it and get red and uncomfortable until I take a shower when I use it.
2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)?
I love sock yarn, it's the one kind of yarn that you can get one skein of and make an entire project from without having to make a scarf.
3. Do you spin?
Yes
4. Do you crochet?
Yes, although I'm not making anything right now.
5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't?
Nope
6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum?
Yes, but very poorly, Blues-Whites-Grays are not my most used colors.
7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com?
No
8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from?
Not particularly although The Dyeing Arts has some really pretty silk caps right now.
9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)?
I used to paint, but currently I am only spinning, knitting, and dabbleing in crochet.
10. What is your favorite sort of scent?
Either Coconut or Strawberry, but never mixed together.
11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best?
Yes, but unless you live in El Salvador you won't know what the Marzipan made with cashew paste tastes like, but it is thousands of times better than the Marzipan made with almond paste (which I am also allergic to)
12. What kind of music do you like?
If I listen to anything it's Air 1 but other than the commute to and from school I don't really listen to music.
13. What do you like to knit? And for whom?
I don't have a particular favorite item to knit, but I do knit a lot for my mother, because she is very gentle on handknits and she appreciates them more than anyone else in my family (she wouldn't wear the first pair of socks I gave her because she was afraid to wear them out, but pairs 2 and 3 have changed her mind)
14. What sort of things do you like to collect?
Everything, books, homework from middle school, coins, snipped off pieces of yarn from weaving in ends. I'm basically a packrat who would be content to throw all of the fiber and yarn I've accumulated into the tub, lock the door and sleep.
15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer?
No, I'm kind of picky about needles so I prefer to pick them out myself, although sock dpn's are always welcome.

So there, I've even learned that either I'm a hypochondriac, or just allergic to everything.
See you tomorrow (hopefully with the camera).

No comments: