Wednesday, January 31, 2007

31 down, 334 to go (days that is)

Well I said I had been on a spinning kick, and now I'll show you what I've been up to:
Ruby Twist spun and plied
Yes it is only a little, but I have several more ounces in unfinished singles so I will show them when they're done. Anyway this was "Ruby Twist" in a colonial blend and it spun very nicely, it definitely is soft but once I finish all 8oz of it I'll measure it and figure out what to make. This could possibly be a scarf since it would match a lot of my clothing, but I don't like making scarves so maybe a lacy hat since if the temperature drops I could possibly go outside with more than a light sweater to ward off the wind.
I also got something in the mail yesterday, but my Internet connection wasn't working so I didn't get a chance to post about it until now.
Jan2007 Spunky Eclectic fiber
It is from Spunky Eclectic from her fiber of the month club, this was January and it consisted of 4oz of "Walkabout" I like the color although how to spin it is making me a little nervous. So far I've split it length-wise into 4 strips and then I predrafted it so that the color striping is pulled longer, I hope to spin the four into separate singles and then ply 2 together starting from the same spot. I guess I just have to wait until I really do spin it.
Anyway that's all for now since I have a few design projects I need to get back to.

No comments: