Sunday, November 26, 2006

Finished Object(s)

Yes I have indeed finished yet another project, the Branching Out Lace Scarf from Knitty. It felt as if this day would never come but it has and I have now learned the lesson that you should never start a mohair scarf in the middle of summer when it is 100 degrees plus (farenheit) and expect to knit along when it just feels as if your hands are melting to the scarf.
But altogether it doesn't look to bad if I do say so myself.
Branching Out Scarf
Pattern - Branching Out Scarf from Knitty
Yarn - some kind of vintage mohair/acrylic blend my Grandmother gave me
Needles - size US8
I like the end results but I couldn't memorize the pattern easily so I didn't like to take it with me much and dedicate the time into knitting it so it took almost 6 months to finish, but if I tried another one in a different yarn I may like it more.

Added: I also finished a little square white washcloth but that doesn't really count. It's part of a set so when they are all done I'll just group them together.

No comments: